2020 Event Updates (Feb 4th) new updates in green
The current conditions on the Algonquin Trail are completely snowcovered and groomed by the OFSC's large groomer.
1. Mandatory Gear check for the 100k and 200k will be at the Cobden Civitan Hall (Cobden Civitan Hall 42 Gould St, Cobden, ON K0J 1K0) on Friday evening, from 6 to 8pm (about 700m from the Whitewater Brewery). See the RWGPS route file for exact location of the Civitan Hall.
1b. Mandatory Gear Check for the 50k is morning of the event, once the 100k and 200k racers are out, from 7:15am to 8:15am, WHITEWATER BREWERY LOCATION, Cobden, ON K0J 1K0.
100k&200k RACERS: If you miss this Gear Check, you can do a late gear check at 530 to 630 AM at the Brewery on race morning. If it's after 630AM, you will have to wait until after the official start.
2. 5am brewery opens up JUST FOR US! Coffee, light breakfast (muffins, instant oatmeal, juice, some fruit provided).
3. The turn around for the 200k is now at the Carleton Place Arena, just 300m past the previously stated turnaround, which was the Canadian Legion. Light support provided here (pizza, snacks, etc..)
4. In the confirmation email you receive from Webscorer, the OLD CELL NUMBER 613 639 1463 is no longer active. Please change to 613 415 5863. This is Cameron Dube's cell.
5. This route has many opportunities for resupply, as you travel through quite a few small towns.
The Wendigo encourages you to stop and refuel in these small towns, however no prior arrangements, online ordering, call-ahead to-go orders, etc... can be made.
It must all be on-the-fly!